Happy New Year, Beautiful People!!!!
I know I have been quiet and did not post a single thing in December – it was hectic. December was a short month, there was too much going on and I barely had time to breathe, let alone blog.
But anyhoo, that’s in the past. It’s the First Day of the New Year and there is so much to look forward to.
I want to begin this year’s Blog by following a small tradition that I have been practicing for three years now. Every year, I start off with an Empty Jar which I fill throughout the year with all the Good and Amazing thing that happened to me during the year: experience, achievements, memorabilia… etc. Some like to include the Sad stuff as well, because let’s face it, sad things make you grow and have a lesson in them too, but I like to stick to the “Good” things.
Previously I would open up all my little chits and then throw them away. But this year I thought I’d list them here so I have a place to come back to them…
So without much ado, this was 2016 for me… amazing!!!
- 13.01.2016 – Started Yoga!!
- 25.01.2016 – I jogged 1km non-stop. I think this was the last time I ran so much!
- 6.02.2016 – Invited to become part of the SAAJ Publication team – as senior editor.
- 23.03.2016 – Down to 81.4 Kgs.
- 27.03.2016 – Discovered Karura with the Same Devil who would later take me up 4,985m….
- 4.04.2016 – Met my Cousin after eons. Family 💜
- 9.04.2016 – I QUIT Munshiram. No Plan B in place.
- 16.04.2016 – I visited a Life Coach. Most Amazing thing ever!
- 16.04.2016 – I also visited the Tarror Reader after a whole year. He will later go on to become a confidante and aide.
- 23.04.2016 – Bought my first bargain pair of denim dungarees at kshs. 1,500, which I wore for the First Time in December, 2016
- 23.04.2016 – First book club meeting
- 26.04.2016 – Reached 60 laps in 60 minutes in the pool. Wow!
- 8.05.2016 – My first tree planting community led event. Grow, Tree!
- 15.05.2016 – Discovered Oloolua Nature Trail… who was to think I would return with 20 other people for a EOY Summit Seeker’s picnic.
- 16.05.2016 – Invited to work on the Amerian Embassy’s Diversity Programme. Became a Member of the Resource Centre.
- 6.06.2016 – Summit Seekers is born
- 10.06.2016 – Weight down to 80.1kgs. Thats 10kgs less than I started in Jan!
- 11.06.2016 – Weight down to 79.6 kgs.
- 19.06.2016 – Atteneded my first, but the second International Yoga Day
- 19.06.2016 – Volunteered at my First Who is Hussein Iftar programme held for the less fortunate.
- 15.07.2016 – Bougth a treadmill
- 27.07.2016 – Summit goes to Mt. Olesekut with 6 people!
- 2.08.2016 – First time to jog 10mins non stop on the mill!!!
- 4.08.2016 – Some people never Change. Time to move on…
- 7.08.2016 – First visit to Hell’s Gate. Led 9 people alone!
- 14.08.2016 – Biked at Karura
- 17.08.2016 – Celebrated my cousin’s birthday with her sons…Fab re-union!
- 18.08.2016 – Reached 78.9 on the scale. Lowest weight ever!
- 21.08.2016 – Summit takes 21 people to Longonot.
- 24.08.2016 – When Harry became Larry ( exchanged the Harrier for the Lexus)
- 25.08.2016 – Enjoyed some sushi for lunch with my besti from Mombasa.
- 25.08.2016 – Another re-union, 26 Years Later!!! Dinner with Alya and Hannan.
- 21.08.2016 – Went round the Rim along Mt. Longonot
- 28.08.2016 – Went Deep in my yoga pose so that I actually touched my fingers behind my legs. (Don’t know what the pose is called).
- 29.08.2016 – A surprise visitor from Bukoba. Hmmmmmmm.
- 7.09.2016 – Got offered a part time position with Mr. Green at my second interview with them.
- 11.09.2016 – First time to visit the Ngong Hills
- 13.09.2016 – First Day on the new job
- 15.09.2016 – Surprise visitor from Canada
- 23.09.2016 – We moved into Mum’s own house .
- 25.09.2016 – Conquered the Sleeping Warrior. One of the many hikes we did.
- 29.09.2016 – I owned my first Babalot Tennis Racquet @Kshs. 1000.00 (tee hee)
- 2.10.2016 – Got the Chance to visit and chat with some ladies fromthe Brahma Kumaris centre in Nairobi. Quite Enlightening.
- 23.10.2016 – Summit goes to Kijabe Hills. Summit is Growing.
- 30.10.2016 – I ran my First Marathon (well walked 10Kms). This year I want to run/walk a 21K!!
- 3.11.2016 – I’ve always wanted a White Board. Now I do.
- 3.11.2016 – My twins wedding and reception!
- 13.11.2016 – Because of the weightloss, I need a new wardrobe. Got myself some good pants from Woolies worth 16k
- 24.11.2016 – Talk about saying Yes!!! Rock climbing and bouldering!
- 7-10.12.2016 -Summited Mt. Kenya. Still can’t believe it.
- 20.12.2016 – I had my performance review at Mr. GREEN after my probation and I was offered a full time position in 2017.
- 28.12.2016 – Coffee with my Tarrot…lol became an interesting session and friends for life!
So, dearies, that was my 2016. I have a few goals for 2017. But I would like to see them as challenges that I need to overcome.
The first is kicking off on my weightloss journey and completing the last 10kgs. I let go after Mt. Kenya and with the holidays there was just no stopping. I savoured every bite of the food I ate. But now it’s time to get serious again.
Secondly, Mt. Kilimanjaro is happening in February. Again, since Mt. Kenya, I let go of all physical activity. Come Monday, I need to get back to routine. I have decided to start running, by just putting myself out there and Killing myself. Plus on Saturdays, I think I will play alternate Tennis and on the other Saturdays either walk or run….or swim.
I also want to go full throttle in my Yoga practice. Work towards the headstands and go deeper within.
I am expecting a contract in 2017 with Mr. Green. A new position has been offered to me. It sounds quite challenging and exciting at the same time. I’m looking forward to more details, which I shall share with you soon.
There is a lot happening with Summt Seekers this year. We have included alot of non-climb activites and team-building events. Looking forward to those.
Well, here is to a colorful year. No more mistakes, let’s do this.
2017, Bring it On!!!!