Cannot believe how fast this month has gone by! I think one of the memes I saw about starting off the year in February because January was a trial, actually rings true.
With the year staring off in Manic Mode, lets see how much I managed to achieve thus far:
Read More Books– Yesss!!!! Joined a Book Club! First Book Review Happens in February. There are 20 Members and each had to submit 6 books of their choice, which were then voted for. So hope to find out which book I’ll be reading by end of the week. Start Yoga– Finally! After a long wait. I signed up for the classes. I’ve had 3 classes so far and am absolutely loving them. I want to build up strength for the “CROW” which is my ultimate Yoga goal. Start Running– well Jogging for now. I keep pushing myself for longer every time. YWSE Board– It was a Challenge finding a trainer for February. I found one and she cancelled last minute. One of the Board Members agreed to step in with a training in Communication Etiquette, so that saved face!
And that was it! Not bad if I may say so myself!
I have failed miserable in my diet this month! To the point I’ve Plateaued for 3 days! Mmmm… hold that point while I finish off the last block of my 37gram Dairy Milk Chocolate. Yes, Exactly! I have fallen prey (or victim) to my cravings. Chocolate is just one of them. There has been Cupcakes, Fries ( all thanks to those Tasty food videos on Facebook!)
For instance, last weekend, we met up with a couple of friends for a “Cook-out” (or as we call it a Karoga! (Self- cooking over a BBQ pit). The Menu was Creamy Butter Chicken. However, I was not expecting our sous chef to put a whole bottle (500ml) of double cream and 300gm of salted butter in the damn thing! But it turned out to be finger licking delicious! Want to give it a try? Here is the recipe:
Ingredients: 1 Whole Chicken cut up, Oil and Butter, Onions, Pureed tomatoes, pureed green chilies, ginger, garlic, Whole spices (cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, black pepper corns) and powdered Spices (turmeric, cardamom, salt, black pepper, all-spice, ground cumin and coriander), cream (optional)
- Make a paste with some oil, ginger, garlic, green chilies, spices and marinate the chicken.
- Roast the Chicken pieces over the flame (or in pan) until cooked half way. Keep aside.
- In deep pan, add some oil, when add a few whole spices. When crackled, add onions and saute till golden. Add ginger garlic and green chilies and saute some more (keep your mouth closed)
- add tomato puree, and powdered spices. Stir until the oil leaves the tomatoes.
- Add chicken pieces, half butter and half cream at this point. Mix well and cover to cook.
- When the gravy is almost dry and oil is evident, add the remaining chicken pieces and cream and cook on low heat.
- Serve with hot Indian bread!
So, I shouldn’t be complaining about the scale not budging then, should I! Well, as the weekend wore, and the guilt of eating that (and several other forbidden foods) over the weekend waned, I decided to step up my game and hit the pool much earlier than usual.
I do not think that may have helped much, but I did gain an amazing, experience. Imagine swimming at the break of dawn in a golden hue, in an unexpectedly warm pool… surreal isn’t it?
I have less than 2 months to meet my weight loss target of 20Kgs! If i continue to indulge this way… ha ha ha!
But, like I say – you only live once! So don’t think twice!